St. Andrews on the Red

St. Andrews, Manitoba

 

​​St. Andrew's on The Red is the oldest stone church in Western Canada. Built in 1849, the church is a designated national historic site and a landmark on the historic River Road Drive.

 

Repairs due to the settlement of the limestone foundation required significant intervention to prevent further deformation of the walls and bell tower. A pile and continuous pile cap foundation with the insertion of reinforcing steel in the masonry walls was applied to stabilize the structure. Sensitivity to a fragile structure was key in placing the new foundations. The work also included restoration of the bell tower and the addition of washroom and mechanical facilities.

1/7

Visit

6th Floor - 44 Princess St.

Exchange District

Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1K2  Canada 

Call

T: 204-992-2757

 

Contact

 

© 2018 by

gw architecture inc.