Kerr House
351 Assiniboine Avenue, Winnipeg

The Kerr House, previously located at 453 Qu'Appelle Avenue, was built by the Winnipeg School Division in 1887 for the principal of Carlton School, Francis Ferguson Kerr. 

A century after its construction, the property was scheduled to be demolished to accommodate a playground for a neighbouring school. As a municipally-designated historic site, a debate began in the City of Winnipeg over the pending demolition. Giovanni Geremia, of GW Architecture Inc. stepped in to settle the debate, purchasing the house for $1 and beginning an expansive plan to relocate the house to its current location. 

On December 2, 1988 the Kerr House was lifted and moved throughout the night to 351 Assiniboine Avenue, where it rests today. Giovanni Geremia used his creative design skills to rejuvenate this historic structure, incorporating office spaces into an existing residential space, ensuring its future longevity in the downtown community of Winnipeg. 

Visit

6th Floor - 44 Princess St.

Exchange District

Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1K2  Canada 

Call

T: 204-992-2757

 

Contact

 

© 2018 by

gw architecture inc.